Re: refpolicy is missing on lots of hits with audit2allow -R.

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 10:37 -0400, Karl MacMillan wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Karl MacMillan
> <karlwmacmillan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> If you look at the interface userdom_read_home_certs.
> >>
> >> [InterfaceVector userdom_read_home_certs $1:source ]
> >> $1,home_cert_t,file,read,lock,getattr,open,ioctl
> >> $1,home_cert_t,dir,ioctl,search,read,lock,open,getattr
> >> $1,home_cert_t,lnk_file,read,getattr
> >> $1,home_root_t,dir,getattr,open,search
> >> $1,home_root_t,lnk_file,read,getattr
> >> $1,user_home_dir_t,dir,getattr,open,search
> >> $1,user_home_dir_t,lnk_file,read,getattr
> >>
> >> A domain that is allowed to search the homedir is always going to
> >> generate an AVC that is a long way off.
> >>

> > Seems to me that the problem is that the read / getattr on
> > user_home_dir_t directories and files is adding too much distance.
> >

> I looked at this a bit more - there are a few interesting issues:
>
> 1. The open permissions have not been added to the perm_map file
> (patch attached to fix that). When there is no perm map then we weight
> the permission at 5 and assume read and write. Since we heavily
> penalize providing a write interface for a read access request, this
> causes the return of a large distance (as I believe that it should).
> I'd like to find a long term home for the perm map file that increases
> it's likelihood of being updated with new permissions (Chris - what do
> you think of including this with reference policy?).

I'm fine with it, just as long as the output perm map file has a
agreed-upon standard format.  It looks like sepolgen has the same format
as setools, so that probably won't be a problem (unless there are other
tools with perm maps that I am unaware of).

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC