Re: Patch to run genhomedircon without looking at /etc/passwd

Joshua Brindle wrote:

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
I want to change the default of libsemanage to not look for home
directories in getpwent. This patch allows you to set the flag
usepasswd=false in the semanage.conf file. and genhomedircon will only
setup the labeling of /home, /export/home and any confined users
homedirs.

If this patch is not acceptable because libsemanage is being
rewritten, I would like the functionality to be added to the new
libsemanage.

This looks completely reasonable. Interesting that the function always
supported turning it off but we never exposed that.

As a side note, libsemanage isn't being rewritten, some of it may go
away some day but not anytime soon (at least not until CIL is able to
fill in all the gaps).

Acked-by: Joshua Brindle <method@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Merged in libsemanage 2.0.45