Re: denials with filesystem associate

Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On file creation, there is an associate check between the security
> context of the file and the security context of the containing
> filesystem.

OK, I think I now understand this permission. But it seems that in a
normal (reference) policy all files are permitted on all filesystems.
Are there cases when they're not?

And secondly, it seems that every file type has an associate permission
on itself, ie.

   allow etc_runtime_t etc_runtime_t : filesystem associate ;

Why is this so?

Regards,
Michal Svoboda