Re: MLS and network

Stephen Smalley wrote:
> The port-based checks (e.g. name_bind, name_connect) are not relevant
> to MLS and there are no MLS constraints written on them.

I see. In the refpolicy they say that name_bind/name_connect have no
MLS restrictions. But they place restrictions on tcp_socket write and
read, shouldn't those kick in?

BTW, what's the difference between connect and name_connect?

> 2) Can you provide more details about your configuration and your test
> case (e.g. your exact netlabel configuration, the policy package you are
> using, the context in which your process runs)?

Fedora 12 with latest updates; mls policy package. Base package
description says:
Based off of reference policy: Checked out revision  2.20090730

Context is user_u:user_r:user_t:s1

I did something like
netlabelctl unlbl add default address:0.0.0.0/0 \
	label:system_u:object_r:netlabel_peer_t:s0

I could see the packets on the outgoing interface.

Michal Svoboda