Re: incoming packets` context

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 15:51 +0330, michel m wrote:
> Hi,
> as I noticed, getpeercon() API allows me to have domain of the peer
> connection, but packets received have their own security context which
> are set by iptable rules on the peer side. how can I get arriving
> packets` context using libselinux?

iptables secmark labels are local-only; they are not passed across the
wire.  They are only used internally for network access control checks.

In contrast, labeled networking (netlabel or labeled ipsec) conveys the
security context across the wire, and that security context is exposed
to userspace via getpeercon(3) for stream sockets and via
IP_PASSEC/SCM_SECURITY for dgram sockets.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency