Re: avc's generated causes the system to freeze up

Have you tried tuning auditd and its dispatcher which could be audispd ?

So for example, try feeding audispd with the following options:

q_depth: increase it from its default value (which is 80 on Redhat's
recent auditd)
priority_boost = 0

Finally, if things don't improve, you could also try:

overflow_action = suspend

Other than this I don't know how to help. Good luck.