Re: [refpolicy] new policy for dkim-filter

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 16:18 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On 11/09/09 15:22, Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus wrote:

> >> It looks ok.  However I'm starting to get concerned about the milter
> >> module getting big.  If you want, say the spamassassin milter, you add
> >> the milter module... but then you get rules for a several other milters
> >> too.
>
> True, but how much of a problem is that, given that any milter user is
> at least going to have also the sendmail/postfix policy and the mta
> policy too?

Perhaps not.  But how many milters are there?  I don't want to get to
the point where there are 10-20 milters in the same module.

> > Attached is a milter version which behaves like the apache_template(). I
> > only took care of the dkim-milter but in general this would only mean
> > some reorganization of all modules ... nothing more. Any cons about
> > that?
>
> Splitting each milter out into its own module is certainly do-able;
> doesn't that add overhead (from having more modules) as well though?

Only a little disk space and some memory during policy linking.  No
overhead for the final policy, which is what I'm concerned about.

> > If this would be the right way then we could also talk about the
> > milter_template() naming convention:
> >
> > type $1_milter_t
> >
> > The apache_template generates slightly different type names:
> >
> > type httpd_$1_script_t
> >
> > What about changing $1_milter_t to milter_$1_t?
>
> That would make sense given that most types in refpolicy are prefixed
> with the module name. There would need to be typealiases added though
> for the old names for the benefit of existing users, wouldn't there?

Yes.  But I'd prefer to keep the current naming convention.  I consider
the apache convention nonstandard.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC