how to always add rules to a policy

Hello,

First of all, i'm sorry if my questions is something "dumb".

Here the context of my trouble :
I have create a server with an php website.
This php website use a postgresql db on the same server.
I use a RHEL 5.3 and selinux with the policy "targeted".

For the website to works properly, i must add the rules :
"allow httpd_t postgresql_port_t:tcp_socket name_connect;"

So now my problem is :
If i update my server and the policy is updated : Is there a way to
automatically add this (local) rule ?

What i want to do is to use the rhel policy as a base, and to add my
own local rules without the need to recompile them/add them manually
at each update.

I don't know if i'm very clear /o\

Cordially