Re: [git bisected] 25354c4fee169710fd9da15f3bb2abaa24dcf933 is first bad commit

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Eric Paris <eparis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 15:09 -0700, Justin Mattock wrote:
>> attached is dmesg of the latest
>> Head giving me an avc denial that
>> is giving me an error with checkpolicy:
>>
>> /usr/bin/checkpolicy -c 22  -U deny policy.conf -o policy.22
>> /usr/bin/checkpolicy:  loading policy configuration from policy.conf
>> policy/modules/services/xserver.te":1138:ERROR 'permission
>> module_request is not defined for class system' at token ';' on line
>> 2904222:
>> allow NetworkManager_t kernel_t:system module_request;
>> #============= NetworkManager_t ==============
>> policy/modules/services/xserver.te":1141:ERROR 'permission
>> module_request is not defined for class system' at token ';' on line
>> 2904225:
>> #============= insmod_t ==============
>> allow insmod_t kernel_t:system module_request;
>> policy/modules/services/xserver.te":1144:ERROR 'permission
>> module_request is not defined for class system' at token ';' on line
>
> It's because you are using the -U deny.  You are telling the kernel to
> deny unknown permissions and then you are trying to define an unknown
> permission.  There is nothing wrong with the kernel.
>
> I do need to submit the policy path to define it, but that's not a good
> idea until we know more or all of the places it is needed.  I hoped to
> work on that with dwalsh in rawhide before we push the policy patch
> upstream.  You can help there!  In your base policy module you need to
> define 'request_module' in the system class in
> policy/flash/access_vectors rebuild and load the base policy policy
> module.  Then you can use the request_module permission.
>
> -Eric

Cool,
I can try and see if I can create
a class for the policy(good learning here)
but just keep in mind, don't wait up for me,
for it could take a while.

Anyways I went in and commented out the
unknown permissions option in build.conf(then
make clean make conf etc..) and
it seems to keep triggering this error.

>From what it seems, maybe I have something
wrong with my userspace tools.
(ill update tomorrow, and see if it compiles
through).

--
Justin P. Mattock