Re: opensuse and SELinux = some dbus roblem with xdm/gdm

Justin Mattock wrote:
Not sure if this is SELinux/refpolicy

Out of curiosity I wanted to setup the latest
policy with the latest opensuse.
Seems everything has gone o.k. for the moment.

The proble Im running into is xdm/gdm seems to crap out
with some dbus error message:

** (gdm:1566): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to system bus: An SELinux
policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient
(rejected message had sender "(unset)" interface "freedesktop.DBus"
member "Hello"
error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.DBus")

The funny thing with this is with the initial policy load
I hadn't relabeled yet, and the system had loaded the policy
just fine and xdm worked then once I relabeled this appeared and xdm/gdm
just craps out.(the policy is all in permissive mode, giving selinux=0
makes the system operate as should).

Also not sure if this matters but in
/etc/pam.d{gdm,login,xdm) I added
pam_selinux.so open/close but had no idea
where they should be placed.

Any ideas?

Shoot I didn't look, but when I do a
ldd /usr/sbin/gdm I see nothing with libselinux nor
libaudit.

libselinux.

my guess since this is a development version they haven't
enabled SELinux support yet with gdm.

ohh well, I guess Ill leave it at that.

Justin P. Mattock