MCS and default labels

Hello,

I have implemented a simple MCS based system for hosting SVN
repositories. I was happy with the performance until I found out that
the s0-s0:c1 processes will happily create new revisions (ie. new files)
as s0 inside a s0:c1 directory. According to various sources, new files
are always created using the lowest security level in the range of the
creating process, despite an inheritance mechanism already working for
types. What is the reasoning behind this?

I tried to mitigate this by forcing a ssh session into a certain MCS
range, as in ssh user/foo_r:foo_t:s0:c1, however this only works for
changing roles but not for MCS. Not even setting the MCS level in
default_contexts works as one would expect. Again, why?

Running out of ideas, my solution for now is to hope that a s0 process
cannot search / modify the s0:c1 directory, even with s0 files present
and to periodically "restorecon" the whole dir (no, restorecond does not
seem to be working on dirs recursively). So the third question is, are
there any better ways?

Regards,
Michal Svoboda