Re: Semodule syntax is broken.

On 08/21/2009 11:27 PM, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21 2009, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>

>> So proposal
>>
>> semodule -r : No Change in default behaviour
>> 	 -F : Permanantly removes policy package, leaving POLICY.exclude
>> 	      flag in module store
>>
>> semodule -u : Install if package not installed, upgrade otherwise)
>> semodule -f : Only upgrade modules that are currently installed)
>> semodule -i : No change.
>> 	All will get a warning message if a module they are trying to
>> 	install has a POLICY.exclude flag
>>          -q : Shut up Warning messages
>>          -F : Remove POLICY.exclude flag and install the package
>
>         Sounds good to me.
>
>         manoj
After talking to Chris P, on IRC, I have rethought these changes.   He mentioned that they are looking into "disabling" modules.  So I think we should follow that line of thinking.

semodule -r (--remove) : No Change in default behaviour
semodule -u (--upgrade): Install if package not installed, upgrade otherwise)
semodule -f (--freshen): Only upgrade modules that are currently installed)
semodule -i (--install): No change.
semodule -q (--quier): Shut up Warning messages
semodule -d (--disable) : Disable policy module, Store policy module as POLICY.pp.disabled in /etc/selinux/TYPE/modules/active/modules
semodule -e (--enable) : Rename POLICY.pp.disabled to POLICY.pp and rebuild

libsemanage would then not build policy modules that were disabled.  It would look for POLICY.pp.disabled when installing or upgrading modules and maintain the name.  --remove would remove both disabled, and enabled modules.  List would now list the disabled modules with a flag indicating they are disabled.