Re: type bounds audit messages

On 06/16/2009 11:23 AM, Steve Grubb wrote:
On Tuesday 16 June 2009 10:55:33 am Eric Paris wrote:
I feel good for all but the { setattr write }

It's a new message, we have no parsers which need the old format, how
would others feel about

perm="setattr,write"   ?

I'd recommend losing the quotes. I think you are doing this because of
untrusted_string, but I doubt the user can influence this.

I'm starting to buy into the 'quotes makes it easy to know it's a
string' argument from jdennis.

Any field that has a value starting and ending with quotes means that its
encoded due to untrusted users having influence over it. That is the parsing
rule.

-Steve