Re: [refpolicy] problem when compiling svn policy

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Justin Mattock<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Justin Mattock<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Christopher J.
>> PeBenito<cpebenito@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you provide more detail as to the build.conf settings?  I am not
>>> able to reproduce this.

>>> It would seem that /usr/lib/glibc/getconf/XBS5_ILP32_OFFBIG
>>> and /usr/bin/getconf are hardlinked, which is why there is a conflict
>>> since they are lib_t and bin_t, respectively.  Which distribution?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Chris PeBenito
>>> Tresys Technology, LLC
>>> (410) 290-1411 x150
>>>

>> sure,
>> Below is build.conf
>> I'm not sure but I think
>> choosing
>> DISTRO = redhat
>> might be causing these build errors.
>> (The system right now is an LFS system, I chose
>> redhat due to having /etc/rc.d/init.d/*)
>>
>> As for reproducing these build errors:
>> If I load a fresh policy in my home directory
>> (choose mcs) then compile then once installing
>> I get errors(mainly file not found errors).
>> maybe I have something wrong with the "install"
>> command.
>> But If I compile the policy as a standard policy
>> seems to go through(except yesterday with some
>> appconfig-standard confusion)
>>
>> seems this issue is a bit on and off, almost as if
>> the system needs to be in a correct state to properly
>> compile, or maybe because choosing redhat as the distro causes
>> confusion.(but still am not certain why I'm hitting this).
>>
>> build.conf:
>>
>> ########################################
>> #
>> # Policy build options
>> #
>>
>> # Policy version
>> # By default, checkpolicy will create the highest
>> # version policy it supports.  Setting this will
>> # override the version.  This only has an
>> # effect for monolithic policies.
>> OUTPUT_POLICY = 22
>>
>> # Policy Type
>> # standard, mls, mcs
>> TYPE = standard
>>
>> # Policy Name
>> # If set, this will be used as the policy
>> # name.  Otherwise the policy type will be
>> # used for the name.
>> NAME = refpolicy
>>
>> # Distribution
>> # Some distributions have portions of policy
>> # for programs or configurations specific to the
>> # distribution.  Setting this will enable options
>> # for the distribution.
>> # redhat, gentoo, debian, suse, and rhel4 are current options.
>> # Fedora users should enable redhat.
>> DISTRO = redhat
>>
>> # Unknown Permissions Handling
>> # The behavior for handling permissions defined in the
>> # kernel but missing from the policy.  The permissions
>> # can either be allowed, denied, or the policy loading
>> # can be rejected.
>> # allow, deny, and reject are current options.
> [...]

Well I don't get it
I have two machines here
same system(created one, then just made
a copy for the other) same kernel.

downloaded two copies of refpolicy svn(today)
and on one machine refpolicy compiles perfectly,
and on the other I'm hitting this error.
I must have something missing, or did something
to the machine that doesn't want to compile the policy.
(I guess out of desperation I'll just copy the good compiled policy
over to the other machine).

--
Justin P. Mattock