Re: selinux and sctp

On Monday 25 May 2009 07:16:06 am Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 05/24/2009 06:00 AM, Nigel Rumens wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does selinux understand sctp?
> >
> > When I run (for example)
> >
> > sctp_darn -H 0 -P 9876 -l
> >
> > It results in an avc denial message which tells me the target object is
> > of type None[rawip_socket]
> >
> > Also semanage port -l shows only udp and tcp
> >
> > Machine tested on was F11 (fully updated) - I also tried it F10 with the
> > same results

Hi Nigel,

Can you send us the AVC denial messages?  If you are running a recent kernel
(F11/Rawhide should qualify and F10 will likely as well) there should only be
a handful of areas where you should be hitting transport protocol specific
code that isn't SCTP aware in the kernel, it would be nice to verify that so
we could better identify what work needs to be done.

--
paul moore
linux @ hp