Re: Nodecon configuration question

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 15:34 +0200, Thomas Bludau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i've a question for limiting network-access on my selinux installation. The
> system which one i'm using is a debian lenny with the default policys and a
> selfmade creation of java.pp and wine.pp.
>
> Now i would limit the access for the wine programms to 5 or 6 ip addresses
> from the local network.
>
> That is what i was trying:
> At the first step i changed the inaddr_any_node_t type in the corenetwork.te
> file to one of my needed ip addresses to test if it would work with a minimal
> configuration change.
> like this:
>
> type inaddr_any_node_t alias node_inaddr_any_t, node_type;
> nodecon 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.255
> gen_context(system_u:object_r:inaddr_any_node_t,s0)
>
> Typed a "make" and copied the base.pp into
> the /etc/selinux/default/modules/active/ directory.

You aren't supposed to directly modify the modules/active directory;
instead you can update your base.pp file by running semodule -b base.pp.
That will not only put the base.pp file into place but also regenerate
and reload the kernel policy - no reboot required.

BTW, semanage now supports configuration of node contexts outside of the
base module if you want to try that.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency