Re: Using interfaces defined elsewhere

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 15:58 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 05/05/2009 03:25 PM, Bandan Das wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Here's what I am trying to do :
> >
> > I have a mySNMP policy with sources: mysnmp.te mysnmp.fc mysnmp.if and a
> > dummyapp policy with sources: dummyapp.te dummyapp.fc and dummyapp.if.
> > The SNMP policy interface file has an interface called
> > mysnmp_config_read_access() and I would like to use it in my dummyapp
> > policy sources : mysnmp_config_read_access(dummyapp_t)
> >
> > What's the best way to do this ? Not just for the above example for a
> > case where I have multiple custom interface files.
> >
> > I tried copying the SNMP interface file
> > to /usr/share/selinux/include/mysnmp. But the problem with this approach
> > is that I have to be root to be able to do this. Can I ask make to use
> > multiple interface files (dummyapp.if and mysnmp.if) when compiling the
> > dummyapp policy module ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bandan
> >

> The make file will also look in the current directory for .if files.

So, that means every time I compile a new module that uses custom
interfaces that are defined in separate if files, I will have to copy
over all these interface files to the current directory.

I think a better approach would be to ask make to look at a specific
location for interface files. But, then I didn't want to alter the
makefile. So, what you suggested seems to be my only option.

Bandan

--
BSD