Re: [refpolicy] runcon cant really run(constraint issue?)

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 5:54 AM, Christopher J. PeBenito
<cpebenito@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 08:39 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> On 04/22/2009 12:38 PM, Justin Mattock wrote:
>> > looking into using runcon
>> > it seems I'm confronted with an
>> > avc, that just keeps showing up:
>> > allow staff_t user_t:process { siginh rlimitinh transition noatsecure };
>> > (even after adding this to the policy).
>> >
>> > What I'm doing is this:
>> > runcon name:user_r:user_t:s0-s0:c0.c255 firefox
>> > the initial role I'm in is staff_r(transitioning to user_r for
>> > firefox to run in)
>> >
>> > Does this seem like the right thing to do,
>> > or do I need to use newrole -r *
>> > for something like firefox?
>> >
>> I guess the correct question is what is your security goal.
>>
>> You are not currently allowed to transition from a staff_u user to a
>> user_r role.  In order to make this happen you would need to use semange
>> to make sure your SELinux user "name" had both staff_r and user_r, and
>> then you would need to add a rule to policy that says staff_r can become
>> user_r.
>
> There is also a transition constraint when the role is changing.  You
> have to be coming from a domain that is allowed to do role changing,
> such as newrole_t.  User domains (except unconfined_t) are not allowed.
>
> --
> Chris PeBenito
> Tresys Technology, LLC
> (410) 290-1411 x150

my goal was to simple run a program(while changing roles) without having
to open a terminal and type(yes I admit I am a lazy a**)
runcon does work(after changing its context to newrole_exec_t)
as for security, probably not as safe(but finally I can turn my
computer on and not have people laugh at me with all of these
squares on the desktop)

As for the policy itself It seems I can't run gnome-vfs
etc...the dbus avc's as root are allowed system_dbus_t, but
any other is rejected by checkpolicy, meaning ausers_dbus_t.
I do have another system without all of the gnome-vfs etc..
which runs fine.

--
Justin P. Mattock