Re: Problems related to using SELinux

Quoting James Carter (jwcart2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):
> 1. Differences between different distributions
> 	a. setroubleshoot
> 	b. Denial log location
> 	c. init system
> 	d. Use of MLS
> 2. The tools related to SELinux are not consistently named
> 	a. It is hard to discover the right command.
> 3. Inadequate documentation
> 	a. Of the low-level mechanisms
> 	b. For the policy author
> 	c. For the administrator
> 	d. For the user

Just to elaborate on the documentation for the user...

Something which i would want to know how to do as a new admin or owner
of an selinux system is lock down a userid to something other than
unconfined_t. I.e. one userid to play games, one to do banking, etc.
This should be pretty simple, maybe

	useradd xa
	semanage user -a -R user_r xa
	semanage login -a -s xa xa

but figuring out the right recipes can be unnecessarily painful.

A few specific things which I think could help users (at least
those who don't use the guis):

1. 'semanage login help' (for instance) could give context-specific help

2. man adduser/useradd could point either to semanage, or to selinux.8
(and smack.8 if these are part of the man-pages project).

3. selinux.8 could use either a section on user/domain lockdown, or
a pointer to semanage, or a pointer to a seuser.8 or somesuch overview
file.

-serge