Re: newrole and pam.d/*

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 4:53 AM, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 16:10 -0700, Justin Mattock wrote:
>> quick question:
>> Is there a way to configure pam.d/*
>> for a one time password for the session, so when I use newrole
>> I don't have to give a password each time?
>>
>> The reason for this is, is I'm trying to
>> configure all of my apps in the menu bar of
>> fluxbox, so when I click on any app in there
>> the app will automatically open in the specified role.
>> (rather than opening a terminal etc...)
>
> You can use /etc/selinux/newrole_pam.conf to specify a different pam
> configuration for specific applications.
>
> --
> Stephen Smalley
> National Security Agency

hmm... weird, I'm must have built
pam/shadow wrong(not reading
/etc/selinux/newrole_pam.conf
In any case I'll try and see If I can get away
with having nothing in the file(or look for something
that's responsible for taking the original session paswd
and remembering it for the rest of the session)

This way it makes life easier,

--
Justin P. Mattock