Re: access(2) vs. SELinux

On 4/20/09 1:21 PM, "Eric Paris" <eparis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

> I'm going to spend a couple minutes and try to prototype an all in
> kernel solution such that on access() we will check the permission:
>
> allow process_t file_t:file read
>
> if there is a dontaudit rule for EITHER "read" or "access_read" we will
> NOT print an avc denial.
>
> on the actual usage we will ONLY check for the "read" dontaudit.

That sounds like a better solution than anything we've talked about so far.
It would mean the policy author would only have to worry about the access_*
perms if they cared about the issue they're designed to solve. Hopefully you
can find an acceptable way to pull it off in the kernel. I'm rooting for
you!

Chad