Re: daemons and MCS categories

Sorry for opening the old discussion again.

If you don't ML logs in local, please see the archives:
  http://marc.info/?t=114825463100001&r=1&w=2

Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> I agree with James on this, I don't think we want to impose semantics in
> the MCS categories, and that this
>
>> Another possibility is to have the ability to configure which categories are
>> assigned to a daemon via run_init or some similar program.  It would not be
>> difficult to read a config file that maps the domain of a daemon to the range
>> that should be granted to it.
>
> is useful so that if users do want to run a daemon with categories, they
> can.

Is it still unavailable on the current SELinux userspace utilities, isn't it?

If we could start the init-scripts via runcon by hand, it seems to me the
daemon processes performs with multi categories.

 | [root@saba ~]# runcon -l s0-s0:c0.c255 /etc/init.d/httpd restart
 | Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
 | Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
 | [root@saba ~]# ps -AZ | grep httpd
 | unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c255 6458 ? 00:00:00 httpd
 | unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c255 6460 ? 00:00:00 httpd
 | unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c255 6461 ? 00:00:00 httpd
 | unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c255 6462 ? 00:00:00 httpd
 |      :

But it is unavailable when the system kicks init-script on startup time.
Is there any good idea?

In the recent days, I'm working for an apache module (mod_selinux.so) which
launches web application handler under an individual security context based
on http-authentication.
I'm looking for the way to assign a few dozens of categories on httpd server
processes which are launched at system startup time.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>