Re: dynamic context transitions from kernel space

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 14:48 +0400, Fedor Sakharov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to somehow use the setcon() from the kernel space? Or is
> there any other way of changing the current context of the process from
> kernel? I need this for building a module that would monitor the
> execution of app and switch it's rights depending on the current branch
> of code being executed.

setcon(3) is a libselinux function that just writes the context string
to /proc/self/attr/current.  Within the kernel, the proc filesystem
invokes the security_setprocattr() LSM hook interface, which then calls
selinux_setprocattr() if SELinux is enabled.

I doubt you want to just call security_setprocattr() though.  You may
wish to look at the example of cachefiles and how it overrides
credentials.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency