Re: ext3 security labels missing

If you don't have the system-auth file and you're still able to login then
either your system is not really using PAM or login doesn't reference system-
auth.
But from what I remember system-auth is not installed by default and you have
to write it yourself.
The default login-PAM-config, from the shadow-package, does reference system-
auth, so I think login should fail if your system really uses PAM.

When did you compile PAM? It should be compiled before shadow, so that shadow
can be compiled with PAM-support.

Also, which getty are you using? You should install mingetty, or you'll run
into lots of problems that are caused by agetty under SELinux.

As said, check your coreutils, notably id and ls, if they reference the
SELinux-libs. If not you'll need to compile them again.

Plugging SELinux into LFS is a bit tricky. In order not to have to compile too
much twice you got to compile stuff in the right place during the process.

I have attached my stage2-script for your reference. This is the order I
compile my system in.
I've got a lot of optional stuff in there, so simply disregard anything you
don't need.

Also, just out of curiosity: You're doing LFS to learn about the internals or
do you just want to get an LFS-system with SELinux?
In the latter case maybe I could interest you in my project, which also the
attached script is taken from, EasyLFS.

Regards,
Dennis