Re: LTP SELinux policy error

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 11:51 -0500, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 08:42 -0500, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 21:32 +1100, James Morris wrote:
> > > I'm trying to run the LTP SELinux tests using the latest CVS version of
> > > LTP and current Fedora development, and get the following policy
> > > compilation error:
> > >
> > > ----
> > > Compiling targeted test_policy module
> > >
> > > test_policy.te:1730: Warning: r_dir_perms is deprecated please use list_dir_perms instead.
> > > test_policy.te:1731: Warning: r_file_perms is deprecated please use read_file_perms instead.
> > > [lots of warnings similar to the above]
> > >
> > > /usr/bin/checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from
> > > tmp/test_policy.tmp
> > > test_policy.te":16:ERROR 'syntax error' at token
> > > 'userdom_use_sysadm_terms' on line 3198:
> > > userdom_use_sysadm_terms(testdomain)
> > > # This allows read and write sysadm ttys and ptys.
> > > /usr/bin/checkmodule:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
> > > make[1]: *** [tmp/test_policy.mod] Error 1
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/selinux/devel'
> > > make: *** [load] Error 2
> > > Failed to build and load test_policy module, aborting test run.
> > > ----
> > >
> > > Is this likely to be fixed soon, and/or any suggestions for a workaround?
> >
> > It won't compile with the current trunk refpolicy, since the current
> > release was a major, API breaking change.  I'll try to get a patch out
> > shortly.
>
> I updated the policy since its fairly old, though I didn't convert its
> raw rules over to use interfaces.  However this didn't completely fix
> it, as there is usage of a "unconfined_runs_test()", which isn't in the
> upstream refpolicy nor the fedora policy, as far as I can see.  One of
> the updates includes use of sysadm_entry_spec_domtrans_to(), which is in
> the upstream refpolicy, but doesn't seem to have made its way downstream
> to the fedora policy.  I have attached my work so someone familiar with
> the LTP test cases can use it to complete the fix.

Serge put together a patch and script under selinux-testsuite/misc that
defines unconfined_runs_test() as well as converting some of the
interfaces.  That was done so that the ltp testsuite could still be run
on older distributions (w/ the older policy) and on newer distributions
(w/ the patch applied to perform conversion).  It was originally done
based on the deprecation of the sbin interfaces, which is why it is
named that way even though it now includes more than just conversion of
those interfaces.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency