Re: Where can i find the source code of Userspace Packages with modifications for SELinux?

On Monday 29 December 2008 18:12, "xing li" <lixing.1006@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have download the upstart source code from ubuntu
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/,  (hardy)
> but i have't found the selinux relevant code in it. I am so  confused that
> how the /sbin/init invoke
> the "load_policy" function during system initialization?

http://etbe.coker.com.au/2008/07/24/se-linux-policy-loading/

I have described all the issues at the above blog post.

Use SysVInit and the patch is there.  If you want to use Upstart then you
could patch it yourself (it's just a matter of copying a couple of chunks of
code from SysVInit).

Another option is to use the wrapper script hack that I used ages ago on
Cobalt machines.  Just boot the kernel with init=/sbin/init-wrapper and then
have /sbin/init-wrapper be a shell script like the following:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/load_policy
exec /sbin/init

Messing with the initrd is just a bad idea, such things are not going to
happen in Debian.

In fact, why not just use Debian?  I think that overall the result you get
will be a lot better if you use Debian instead of Ubuntu for running SE
Linux.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog