Re: Avc denies while running in Permissive mode...

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Stephen Smalley wrote:

> In permissive mode, when a permission would be denied for a given
> (source context, target context, target class) triple for the first
> time, the kernel audits the denial (avc:  denied) and then adds that
> permission to the allowed vector for that triple in the AVC (access
> vector cache).  Thus, subsequent uses of that same permission on that
> same triple will not trigger further denials until the cache entry is
> evicted from the cache (which can happen automatically if we need to
> free up space for use by other entries or explicitly upon either a
> policy reload or changing a policy boolean).

What about adding a kernel option (say, selinux_permissive_debug), which
causes the permission update to be bypassed, but still allows the
operation?

Something like:

int avc_has_perm_noaudit(...)
{

        if (denied) {
                if (flags & AVC_STRICT)
                        rc = -EACCES;
                else if (!selinux_enforcing || security_permissive_sid(ssid))
			if (!selinux_permissive_debug)
				avc_update_node(AVC_CALLBACK_GRANT, requested, ssid,
                                	        tsid, tclass);
                else
                        rc = -EACCES;
        }