blip.tv and similar services

http://blip.tv/file/1510463

A video of one of my talks has just appeared on blip.tv.  The talk is about
Cloud Computing, it's 631M if you want to download it and has no content that
I haven't written about in my blog (so it's a more effective use of bandwidth
to read my blog if you want to learn about the topic in question).  Also the
talk is far from my best effort (I only finished the notes a matter of
minutes before the talk started and I was a little jumpy).  But some of you
may be interested to check out blip.tv to see what it can do for SE Linux.

blip.tv is one of a number of new services that give higher resolution and a
better range of formats than Youtube (which only does low resolution Flash).
This allows us to have readable lecture notes on screen (which can be seen
right from the start of my talk) and also allows capturing the contents of a
computer screen while programs are run for training purposes.

One thing that I have been idly considering is to make some short training
videos about SE Linux which demonstrate new features which would be based
around capturing the screen contents and having a voice-over.

Does anyone have any idea of the interest level in such things (in terms of
the number of viewers) and of what particular areas would interest the most
people?  There's a lot of stuff that I can talk about, but I don't want to
give lectures that won't get an audience.

Also I think that it would be good if some of the people who are seriously
involved in SE Linux development were to upload a brief video of their
biography.  Regardless of the interest in other uses of video I will upload
my bio to blip.tv or some similar service in the near future.

If you want to recommend a service other than blip.tv then please reply to me
off-list.  Discussions about what videos we need about SE Linux are on-topic
for this list, discussions about where to host them aren't.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog