Re: Policy for Konqueror

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 03:17, Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "When using KDE, you may find that several graphical applications or
> features don't work properly. This occurs because KDE starts a variety
> of execuables with the same process name, kdeinit. No simple fix exists
> for such problems, since a simple fix would entail loosening security to
> an unacceptable extent. You may find it more convenient to use a desktop
> other than KDE - such as GNOME - when running SELinux.

http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/list-archive/0504/11252.cfm

This was covered in 2004 and again in 2005.  At that time it was easy to solve
this problem.

Recent versions of KDE seem to have made this more difficult.  I expect that
if you were prepared to do some minor hacking on KDE source it wouldn't be
difficult to make it run without kdeinit.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog