Re: Context transition error

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 15:42 +0100, Vince Le Port wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Your answer helped me so much. I have succeeded in making my test
> program running properly.
>
> I am now working on the NFS server side modification.
>
> I have made some searches around the use of setcon , and it seems that
> this function is only available in the user space, not into the kernel.
> Am I wrong saying that?
>
> Does anybody know the equivalent of setcon in kernel mode?
> Moreover I did not find the source code of the setcon function... where
> could I find it ?

setcon() is a library function provided by libselinux.
The equivalent of setcon() in the kernel is security_setprocattr() whose
prototype is defined in include/linux/security.h.

If you look at an earlier version of the labeled NFS patch set, you can
see an example of using security_setprocattr() to set the nfsd context
from the remote label:
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=122270951204108&w=2

As before, I'd encourage you to follow the ongoing labeled NFS work.  A
newer version of the patch set was just posted, although this omits the
process label transport mechanism since that is being redesigned.
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=122814925716620&w=2

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency