Re: PAM _pam_load_conf_file: unable to open /etc/pam.d/system-auth

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 10:58 -0600, Xavier Toth wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Justin P. Mattock
> <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello;
> > after loading the latest policycoreutils
> > I'm experiencing a bit of difficulties trying
> > to understand how to set:
> > /etc/selinux/newrole_pam.conf
> > (what do I put in there?)
> > I have: /usr/bin/aterm /etc/pam.d/test
> > in there, and in
> > /etc/pam.d/test I have:
> > auth required /lib/security/pam_unix.so
> >
> > but, unfortunantly receive a no password error
> > when wanting to change roles.
> >
> > after looking at auth.log I see a:
> > newrole: PAM _pam_load_conf_file: unable to open /etc/pam.d/system-auth
> >
> > If I make: /etc/pam.d/system-auth
> > newrole will work perfectly until
> > I go and write the allow rules,
> > and put the policy into enforcing mode.
> >
> > What or were do I find the info on what
> > to put in /etc/selinux/newrole_pam.conf
> > and so forth to have this new way
> > for newrole work?
> >
> > regards;
> >
> > --
> > Justin P. Mattock <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx>
> >

> > --
> >

> man newrole
>
> newrole_pam.conf contains mappings of applications to pam
> configuration files to be used. Each line contains the executable file
> name followed by the name of a pam config file that exists in
> /etc/pam.d.

Thanks for the help with this.
(I'll have a look in the manual).
What about setting pam_namespace
i.g. does this have to be set correctly
to acquire the right capability, or does it
not matter if you have namespace or not?

regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx>