Re: 2.6.26 Debian kernel panic

I have reproduced the below problem with the DomU in question having SE Linux
disabled.  The symptom of a process taking maximum CPU time and then killing
the system if it was stopped was occurring with Apache and ejabberd
processes.  I rebooted the DomU about 6 times and had the problem occur each
time.

The evidence seems quite clear that it was not a SE Linux problem.

It was suggested that the problem could be related to dodgey RAM, a memtest86+
run for 6 hours did not find any errors.  While this is not conclusive
evidence of a lack of a problem, it's a strong indication that when a problem
is reproducable quickly and easily when running a kernel but not over the
course of 6 hours of memtest86+ then it's not faulty RAM.

The DomU in question is now running a CentOS (2.6.18) kernel with no problems.

http://etbe.coker.com.au/2008/10/22/upgrading-a-server-to-64bit-xen/

The machine in question is not entirely a standard configuration.  I am
running a CentOS 5 kernel with Debian user-space as described in the above
blog post.

--
Russell Coker <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog