Re: user guide draft: "Examples: Booleans for NFS"

Russell Coker wrote:
On Thursday 30 October 2008 10:28, Murray McAllister <mmcallis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
These Booleans exist in SELinux policy as shipped with Fedora 10. They
may not exist in policy shipped with other versions of Fedora or other
operating systems.

I'll keep these things in mind when the guide is forked for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux.

Given that M4 knowledge is required for anyone who does anything serious with SE Linux, maybe you should write your documentation in M4.
At the moment the guide is for people who don't want to do anything too serious.

Some years ago I wrote my CV in M4 and had it produce about 10 different versions (I also had a Makefile). Then it a recruiting agent wanted a version of my CV that emphasised my C coding experience I could just send the relevant file.

The same technique could be used for any other document. It would be good if you could type "make" and produce documents for several versions of Fedora and a couple of versions of RHEL at the same time.

Our publishing tool, Publican[1], allows conditional tags, so all of the content could be one book, then make different versions using "make CONDITIONAL="fedora" and "make CONDITIONAL="rhel".

Thanks for the idea.

[1] <https://fedorahosted.org/publican>