xend and noatsecure

allow xend_t xenstored_t:process { noatsecure };
allow xend_t xenconsoled_t:process { noatsecure };

The Xen packages in Debian/Lenny will not support Xen starting correctly on
boot unless the above lines are added to the policy.

Starting XEN control daemon: xend/usr/lib/xen-3.2-1/bin/xenstored: error while
such file or directory
/usr/lib/xen-3.2-1/bin/xenconsoled: error while loading shared libraries:
libxenctrl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Above are the errors.

It seems that LD_PRELOAD (or one of the similar environment variables) is
being set.

What is the best way of solving this?

For Lenny I think I will just have to allow noatsecure, the chance of getting
modified Xen packages in Lenny at this stage seem quite low.  But for Lenny+1
I want to get it solved in the best possible way.

Have the Red Hat guys done something in this regard?

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development