Re: [refpolicy] ssh issue with latest policy

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Václav Ovsík <vaclav.ovsik@xxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 02:01:08PM -0700, Justin Mattock wrote:
>> appologize for the latency with getting back to you;
>> you might have the ssh version from sid, if so
>> do /etc/init.d/ssh stop and start if you notice [fail] then thats the issue,
>> esspecially if people are booting up and not even manually starting the daemon.
>> As for the policy and ssh I'm in the process of
>> having two machines in full enforcing mode, having the ability
>> to do a ssh transaction(need to configure some things); As well
>> as vncviewer, and shoutcast; all with ipsec. (AH and ESP)
>> right now I've been able to run all three applications on the machine
>> that is in full enforcement, but it seems im having issues with ipsec
>> and shoutcast.
>> on the server side.
>> I'll get back to you on this.
>>
>> --
>> Justin P. Mattock
>
> I just reported the bug in sshd
> This is upstream OpenSSH problem too.
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 10:09:32AM +0200, David Härdeman wrote:
>> On Thu, September 11, 2008 14:50, Václav Ovsík wrote:
>> > Conclusion: Running SE Linux in permissive mode can't prevent you from
>> > all SE Linux problems every time! (in most cases yes of course :)
>>
>> Another example of that is that dbus seems to do SELinux permission checks
>> even after permissive mode is enabled.
>>
>> --
>> David Härdeman
>
> It should be reported if it is true, IMO.
>
> Regards
> --
> Zito

Cool; I ended up downgrading to
a random pick of ssh_4.3p2-9etch2_all.deb
works good from here.
 Just make sure you start in sysadm_r
role or you won't be able to do much to the other system while in enforcement
mode.(made the mistake of using ssh in user_r role.)
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock