Re: libsemage patch to not compile modules for seusers and fcontext

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 21:52 -0400, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> >> I'm a little unclear on what this is doing - can you clarify?
> >>
> > This is clearing the existing seusers.final file, otherwise delete was
> > not working.
> >
> I think the previous code was doing more - it was merging the local file
> with the shipped base package file, like this:
>
>     data = extract_file_from_policy_package( )
>     write_file ( "seusers.final", data )
>     if ( data != null ) {
>         seusers.clear_cache()  // thereby forcing reload from
> seusers.final when cache() is called again (in merge_components)
>     } else {
>         seusers.clear()
>     }
>
> It's also doing this three times (once for fcontexts, once for seusers,
> once for seusers_extra).
> The problem is that you're skipping the link_sandbox call, which builds
> the base package, containing this information.

We're trying to avoid the overhead of re-linking the policy when we are
only modifying non-policy components like seusers and fcontexts.
fcontexts.local is split out to a separate file for precedence reasons
so it doesn't get merged anymore.  I don't think Dan actually uses
seusers in the base policy for anything at present, but others may be.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency