file_contexts duplicates

I have a problem in which file_contexts gets to 11mb (152kb unique) because of duplicates.

Using selinux-svn2950 and refpolicy-svn2780 I built the standard policy
distro=redhat
unknown perms=deny
no direct admin init

Now using the .pp files that got installed into /usr/share/selinux/standard

I attempted to create a 2nd policy by hand using semodule.

# export NAME=vikram
# mkdir -v -p \
  /etc/selinux/$NAME/modules/active \
  /etc/selinux/$NAME/contexts/files \
  /etc/selinux/$NAME/policy
# cd /usr/share/selinux/standard
# semodule -v -n -s $NAME -b base.pp $(for i in *.pp ; do if [ "$i" != "base.pp" ] ; then echo -n "-i $i "; fi; done)

This command appears to run for eternity. But after investigation, it seems setfiles is getting stuck up reading file_contexts. And is relabeling the file system again and again because of the duplicate definitions.

Shorting out setfiles lets the command complete in 30mins. ie Transaction return 0. However because the file_contexts is 11mb of duplicates. It cannot be used. Doing a:

# sort /etc/selinux/$NAME/contexts/files/file_contexts | uniq > clean
# mv clean /etc/selinux/$NAME/contexts/files/file_contexts

Produces a 152kb file.
Note: /etc/selinux/standard/context/files/file_contexts is 156kb

Relabeling the file system now with the new 152kb file. Causes /usr/lib64 to get usr_t which causes massive denial at boot up. And eventually haults login.

What in the world is going on? Where would I begin to debug these problems: 1) Duplicates in file_contexts and 2) Missing contexts

Vikram