Re: Help: SELinux causing(?) boot failures...

On Friday 08 August 2008 11:46:23 am Mike Edenfield wrote:
> The reason I strongly suspect SELinux is the problem (or at least a
> major factor), is that adding "selinux=0" to my boot command line
> corrects the problem, and the system boots fine.  Everything appears
> to be installed and configured correctly, except obviously SELinux is
> now disabled.  The filesystems are all labeled correctly, and even on
> the failing boot the AVC messages display the correct labels, like
> tty_device_t and urandom_device_t.

Hi Mike,

In general, you are better off using "enforcing=0", which keeps SELinux
enabled but puts it into permissive mode, on the kernel command line
instead of "selinux=0", which disables SELinux entirely.  Have you
tried rebooting with "enforcing=0" and capturing the AVC messages from
the console/audit/syslog output and seeing if anything looks awry?  If
not go ahead and do so and send them to the list, this will tell us
what actions are being denied and why.

--
paul moore
linux @ hp