Question about newrole

Hi folks,

I'd like to ask about a problem I am experiencing with newrole.
When I use newrole in permissive-mode I have no problems changing the role.
Also I don't get any audit-messages.
But when I switch to enforcing-mode I cannot use newrole, it keeps telling
me "incorrect password for root", although it clearly is correct.
I suspect a problem in interaction between newrole and unix_chkpwd, but am not
entirely sure about it.

Problem is that I don't get any audits from SELinux, only errors in auth.log
from unix_chkpwd:
check_pass; user unknown
password check failer for user (root)

I am working with the latest reference-policy, adjusted here and there to fit
the needs of my distro.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dennis