Re: [refpolicy patch, second try] samba policy updates

Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 12:27 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:

Interfaces should not have side effects.  If you have a create interface
and it does something else like filetrans, filetrans is a side effect.
The tunable should be:

tunable_policy(
  unprivuser_create_home_dirs()
  unprivuser_home_filetrans_home_dir()
)
Ok, I think I get it now.  Sorry for being kinda dense :)

So, what I should have dome is something like this:

tunable_policy (
   unprivuser_home_filetrans_home_dir()
   unprivuser_create_home_dir()
   unprivuser_add_entry_home_dir()
)

with two new interfaces:

unprivuser_create_home_dir (
   allow user_home_dir_t:dir create_dir_perms
)

unprivuser_add_entry_home_dir (
   allow user_home_dir_t:dir add_entry_dir_perms
)

Why do you need the add_entry?  You just want to create
the /home/foouser directory right?  Add_entry is for when you want to
create an object in that type of directory.

Well, I do actually want to create objects in the new home directory. It needs to be populated from /etc/skel (which the PAM module does automatically).

But it turns out that the existing samba policy already takes care of this, *if* you also turn on "enable_home_dirs", so its not needed here. It does mean that the "create" tunable, without the "enable" tunable, creates an empty home directory, which I was trying to minimize. But as I think about it, it probably doesn't make sense to have Samba create user home directories if you're not going to allow Samba to share them out, so it's probably ok.

New patch coming up.

--Mike