Re: [refpolicy-patch 02/23] anaconda policy update

On Sunday 20 July 2008 06:50, david@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Anaconda is a RH installation program, RH should know their own program and
> the changes are quite trivial

Might it be better to leave the Anaconda and dpkg policy in the distribution
trees?  It doesn't seem to provide much benefit to non Red Hat users to have
Anaconda policy.

Does Red Hat actually do anything useful with the Anaconda policy?  Last time
I checked the installation was run in permissive mode (there doesn't really
seem to be a benefit in enforcing mode) so it's not as if anaconda.te is
needed to permit the install to operation.  Even so there is unconfined_t
which could be used for an enforcing-mode install (last time I checked it was
not possible to directly install a Red Hat distribution with strict policy).

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development