Re: refpolicy patch: samba enhancements

Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 13:42 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> Mike Edenfield wrote:
>>> I apologize if I'm not doing this right, I'm kinda new at this...
>>>
>>> I have made some changes to the SELinux policy for our intranet servers
>>> that I thought might be useful to a broader audience.  Included below is
>>> a patch to the latest refpolicy.  This has been tested on the Gentoo
>>> systems we have here; I don't have easy access to other SELinux systems
>>> at the moment.  It does the following:
> [...]
>>> * Adds a tunable that lets samba create home directories via pam_mkhomedir
>
>> Could you do this with pam_oddjob_mkhomedir without having to add the
>> privs.  I think this is a better solution.
>
> What if you don't have oddjob?  It doesn't hurt to have the perms in a
> tunable.  It could be put in a ifndef distro_redhat, if samba in
> fedora/rh requires pam_oddjob_mkhomedir.

I have more of a problem with pam_mkhomedir from login programs since
samba can currently read/write homedirs with a boolean.  It is not as
big a deal.  oddjob just breaks things out the way SELinux likes it.
Pam modure requests a service create a homedir.  Service execs a job to
create the homedir.  Each process gets a different context.

gentoo should look into it.

But I am fine with adding the patch.  pam_mkhomedir does not work well
currently with ssh, locallogin, gdm on Fedora platform.