Re: rawhide policy on FC9 build fails

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 12:44 -0500, Xavier Toth wrote:
> I wanted to experiment with running the latest policy (I want the
> latest X policy) on FC9 so I got the source rpm and tried to build it.
> I update to the required checkpolicy version and also update libsepol
> since rawhide and FC9 use the same version. The rpmbuild however fails
>
> m4 -D enable_mls -D distro_redhat -D mls_num_sens=16 -D
> mls_num_cats=1024 -D mcs_num_cats=1024 -D hide_broken_symptoms -D
> self_contained_policy policy/support/file_patterns.spt
> policy/support/ipc_patterns.spt policy/support/loadable_module.spt
> policy/support/misc_macros.spt policy/support/misc_patterns.spt
> policy/support/mls_mcs_macros.spt policy/support/obj_perm_sets.spt
> tmp/generated_definitions.conf policy/global_booleans
> policy/global_tunables > tmp/global_bools.conf
> Creating mls base module base.conf
> cat tmp/pre_te_files.conf tmp/all_attrs_types.conf
> tmp/global_bools.conf tmp/only_te_rules.conf tmp/all_post.conf >
> base.conf
> Compiling mls base module
> /usr/bin/checkmodule -M -U deny base.conf -o tmp/base.mod
> /usr/bin/checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from base.conf
> libsepol.expand_module: Error while indexing out symbols
> /usr/bin/checkmodule:  expand module failed
> make: *** [tmp/base.mod] Error 1
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.2964 (%install)
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.2964 (%install)
>
> I know this is a bit out of the mainstream but I'd appreciate any help.

This is the same problem noted by Russell Coker in the checkmodule
thread.  The latest refpolicy requires the user and role remapping
support in order to move roles into modules, and that was added in
libsepol 2.0.29 and checkpolicy 2.0.16 after Fedora 9 GA.  So the Fedora
9 checkpolicy is too old to build latest refpolicy.  I think Dan was
planning on pushing an update to F9 with the latest userland.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency