python gui gconf policy problem

I'm writing policy for a python gui and having a problem getting preferences:

gobject.GError: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible
causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you
have a stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/project/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1:
Could not send message to gconf daemon: An SELinux policy prevents
this sender from sending this message to this recipient (rejected
message had interface "org.gnome.GConf member "GetIOR" error name
"(unset)" destination "org.gnome.GConf"))

The error message states that policy is preventing this operation but
there isn't a corresponding AVC in the audit log. I'm using the
gnome_stream_connect_gconf_template but that doesn't help and I'm not
sure it is the right thing to do anyway.

Ted