Re: Adding local nodecon's through semanage

Stephen Smalley schrieb:
>> [ netmask semantic in nodecon ]
> Ok, this isn't actually a bug in the code at all.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

> Arguably semanage and checkpolicy should apply the mask to the address
> as a precaution against misconfiguration by the user.  That's easy
> enough to do.
>
> Other tidbits on the semanage patch that I noticed:
> - semanage node -l was broken, requires additional argument that has
> been added to the list methods subsequently.  Also would be nice to
> support locallist/-C option.
> - semanage node -p option should take a string rather than an integer
> and map it to the proper symbolic constant for ipv4/ipv6.
> The ordering issue is a red herring at least for this example as the
> sort is only applied to the local entries, and then they are merged to
> the front of the policy-provided definitions.  Which may become an issue
> down the road particularly if we move object contexts to modules.

I think I could do the changes to at least the semanage code, if there
is still interest in it.

But I must admit, that my understanding of the "ordering issue" is quiet
limited and my list research on an explaination was unsuccessful so far.
Is this a blocker for general semanage support of nodecons?

Christian

--
tarent Gesellschaft für Softwareentwicklung und IT-Beratung mbH

Heilsbachstr. 24, 53123 Bonn  | Poststr. 4-5, 10178 Berlin
fon: +49(228) / 52675-0       | fon: +49(30) / 27594853
fax: +49(228) / 52675-25      | fax: +49(30) / 78709617

Geschäftsführer
Boris Esser, Elmar Geese
HRB AG Bonn 5168
Ust-ID: DE122264941