Re: SELinux backups

On Jun 26, 2008, at 5:06 PM, Nick Gray wrote:

On Jun 26, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Vikram Ambrose wrote:

Nick Gray wrote:
All,

I would like to speak to anyone who has worked on, has experience with, or just has a general interest in system/database backups on SELinux.

What do you mean exactly?
a) Backing up the SELinux policy store on the system?
b) Backing up a system that runs SELinux?
c) Backing up a database running in an SELinux environment?
d) Storing system backups on an SELinux enabled filesystem?

Yes :-)

Primarily 2 & 3, but certainly not to exclude 1 & 4. I am interested in a encompassing DRP. The prior system could do something akin to an LVM snapshot and produce a bootable copy. I would like to know if there has been any experimentation with SELinux along those lines. Once that has been accomplished, I would move on to database backups and incrementals.

I searched my mail folder going back to about 2003 and found very little said about it.

I have been assigned this by the company I am working for and would like to get a little insight into what has been done so far, methods and issues encountered.

Nick G.

Vikram Ambrose | Linux Products Division | WindRiver Corporation