Re: x client policy interfaces

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 11:36 -0500, Xavier Toth wrote:
> I've been looking at the xserver_common_x_domain_template and AVCs
> coming out of X applications and thinking it would be good to have
> finer grained interfaces that could be used to build policy for the
> wide variety of GUI apps. X extensions and selection are a couple of
> area that caught my eye can you think of others.

Adding the interfaces is fine.  Its something that I expected.  The X
policy is big beast, and I didn't add any additional interfaces since I
wanted to make sure the core was right :)

> Example:

> interface(`xserver_use_xextension',`
> 	gen_require(`
>                 class x_extension { use getattr };
> 		type $2_xext_t;
>	')
>
>        allow $1 $2_xext_t:x_extension { use getattr };
> ')
>

> interface(`xserver_use_screensaver_xextension',`
> 	gen_require(`
>                 class x_extension { use getattr };
> 		type screensaver_xext_t;
>	')
>
>        xclient_use_xextension($1, screensaver)
>')

I think the allow rule should just be used.  I don't think we gain
anything by having the top interface.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC