SELinux Bootstrap - without chroot

Without a chroot environment, How does one go about building/installing, well basically the entire process including the bootstrap in a self contained build directory?

I have been playing with refpolicy. And from what I have learned, refpolicy allows you to define a LOCAL_ROOT but none of the selinux userspace tools allow you to make use of a folder other than /etc/selinux as that path is hard coded in all the source files.

In essence I want to know how to build a policy and tar it up, extract it into a target rootfs and simply call "load_policy" to use it.

thanks.

--
Vikram Ambrose | Linux Products Division | WindRiver Corporation