Re: Trying to get XAce policy straightened out but our tool chain is too broken to handle it.

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 11:11 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> The interfaces I want to add are something like
>
> template - xserver_common_domain_template(staff)
> 	Used to generate types for $1_xserver_t and $1_xrootwindow_t
>
> interface - xserver_use(staff, staff, staff_nsplugin_t)
> 	    xserver_use(xdm, staff, staff_nsplugin_t)
> 	All interaction between application and X Server
>
> template - xserver_common_user_template(staff, staff_r, staff_t)
>
> 	This generates all of the user types/rules for a user X Sessionps
> started by the user, Calls out to xserver_common_template
>
> interface - xserver_common_app(staff, staff_nsplugin_t)
>
> 	This defines all the common rules for a confined application like
> nsplugin running in the user domain
>
> Then we can begin to write communications between staff and unconfined_t
> or other user domains.
>
> The problem I have is the compiler is too stupid to understand the
> differences between a gen_requires block defining the required types and
> the actual type definition.
>
> So I end up in a catch 22 where the compiler tells me I need to require
> $1_rootwindow_t, but if I gen_require type $1_rootwindow_t, it tells me
> I have a duplicate definition.
>
> So if you have a derived type in a gen_requires block the compiler can
> not handle it.

I'm a little unclear as to why this is required (why do you need to
require and declare the same symbol again?).  However, is there some
reason we can't just automatically promote a require to a declaration
upon encountering the latter?  Seems like we've talked about this
before.  Not sure whether that should happen within libsepol
symtab_insert() or in the callers, e.g. declare_type().

> /usr/bin/checkmodule -M -m tmp/staff.tmp -o tmp/staff.mod
> /usr/bin/checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from tmp/staff.tmp
> policy/modules/roles/staff.te":11:ERROR 'duplicate declaration of
> type/attribute' at token 'staff_input_xevent_t' on line 66981:
> #line 11
> 		type staff_input_xevent_t;
> /usr/bin/checkmodule:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
> make: *** [tmp/staff.mod] Error 1
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.86849 (%install)
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.86849 (%install)
>

> Which is complaining about:
>
> interface(`xserver_use',`
> 	gen_require(`
> 		type $1_rootwindow_t;
> 		attribute $1_x_domain, $1_input_xevent_type;
> 		type $1_xserver_t, $1_xserver_tmpfs_t;
> 		type $2_input_xevent_t;
> 	')
>
> 	typeattribute $2_input_xevent_t $1_input_xevent_type;

> --
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency