Re: defining a new class in a policy module

Mohamed Hassan wrote:
> Hi,
> I created a new policy inside the refpolicy. I am trying to define a new
> class inside this module. When I compile, it fails with parsing error:
>
> /usr/bin/checkmodule -M -m tmp/gsmd.tmp -o tmp/gsmd.mod
> /usr/bin/checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from tmp/gsmd.tmp
> policy/modules/services/gsmd.te:3:ERROR 'syntax error' at token 'Class'
> on line 1185:
>
> Class gsmd { send_sms_msg receive_sms_msg };
> /usr/bin/checkmodule:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
>

> Here is my class definition:
> Class gsmd { send_sms_msg receive_sms_msg };
>
> I would like to know how to define a new class in policy module?

It isn't supported, mainly because class and permission ordering is still very static in the policy. To be sure that policy/library/kernel updates won't disturb the number assigned to your object class it is best to submit a reference policy patch to the flask/ directory and let those header changes propagate to the library and kernel.